The important things to consider before buying a new home, condo or acreage in Okotoks.
If your are looking to purchase a new home, condo or acreage in Okotoks it is important that you understand there are many differences between the neighborhoods and communities that make-up this amazing place. Okotoks is expanding rapidly and this growth means we enjoy many unique and different communities. When buying a new home the importance of having local knowledge is often under estimated and at times can mean costly mistakes for home buyers.
One important aspect of a Realtors role is to provide their clients with all the information a client needs to make good informed decisions about any home they are considering purchasing. This valuable knowledge is gained by Realtors who live and work in the community where they sell houses. When choosing a Realtor to help purchase a home in Okotoks make sure they have the local knowledge you need:
To give you an example of what I mean, I have listed the information I discuss with my clients about the different neighborhoods in Okotoks:
- Areas that are susceptible to flooding
- Homes that may lose their amazing views to future development
- Quiet areas that may become noisy because of future growth and road construction
- Areas that may be impacted by the Okotoks residential and commercial growth plan
- Property prices in each community
- Desirable neighborhoods
- Locations where properties foundations have suffered tree root damage
- School catchment areas
- School bus pick up points
- Areas to live if you do not own a vehicle
- Single family homes with condo fees – yes we have some in Okotoks
- Homes that have lake access and lake privileges
- Drake Landing Homes that are part of the Solar Community with reduced energy costs – not all homes are in the scheme
- Adult only properties with age restrictions
- Condo properties with pet restrictions
- Condo properties with flooring restrictions
- Areas of Okotoks that are more exposed to hail and wind damage
- Local bylaws, pet licensing, snow removal, nuisance and unsightly premises bylaw
- Location of the off leash parks and recreation facilities
- Town of Okotoks property tax TIPP Program
- Location of the bottle banks and recycling facilities
- Suggestions on the best Shopping, dining, bars, vet clinics, dentists, healthcare, gyms
As you can see there are so many important factors that should be considered before buying a home in Okotoks. If you are interested in learning more about this amazing town please feel free to contact with any questions you may have.
If you are planning a research trip, I can take you on a tour of Okotoks and explain the history, point out the facilities we enjoy and help you choose a location that meets your family requirements.